DGAP-News | 07 Feb 2018
DGAP-News: Delivery Hero AG / Key word(s): Quarter Results
Berlin, 7 February 2018 - Delivery Hero Group ("Delivery Hero"), the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace, maintained its strong growth path in the fourth quarter with full-year group revenues increasing by 60% year-over-year on a like-for-like basis to EUR 544.2 million.
"We are very pleased with the fourth quarter. We grew our orders to 85.4 million in Q4 which was a record increase of 11.1 million in a quarter. Despite seeing some negative FX impacts during 2017 the continued strong growth across all segments meant that we ended the year above our expectations. We look forward to updating the market further in April and remain confident for the outlook in 2018."
- Total orders increased by 46% in the fourth quarter to 85.4 million, and by 48% in the full year to 291.5 million.
- Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) increased by 41% in the fourth quarter to EUR 1,096.4 million, and by 46% in the full year to EUR 3,823.9 million.
- Revenues increased by 51% in the fourth quarter, 61% on a constant currency basis, to EUR 159.8 million. Revenues increased by 60% for the full year, 65% on a constant currency basis, to EUR 544.2 million.
- During the fourth quarter Delivery Hero's management team was expanded as Jeri Doris joined as Chief People Officer.
- M&A activities:
- Investment of USD 105 million in Rappi, the leading on-demand and multi-vertical delivery platform in Latin America, making Delivery Hero a sizeable minority shareholder.
- 100% acquisition of Deliveras, a small online food delivery marketplace in Greece.
- Sale of foodpanda India to Ola, India's leading and most popular mobile and ride sharing platform, in return for equity in Ola group to participate in the long term upside.
- Completion of hungryhouse sale to Just Eat with the successful achievement of the maximum sale price of GBP 240 million.
The annual report 2017 with the IFRS financial statements will be published on April 26, 2018.
- All numbers are excluding UK operations (discontinued operations).
- All numbers are including India operations, with for full year 2017:
- Orders: 11.6 million
- GMV: EUR 57.5 million
- Revenues: EUR 9.9 million
- LfL (Like-for-Like): "Like for like" presents Delivery Hero's comparative 2016 results as if the acquisition of foodpanda had occurred on 1 January 2016 and excludes contributions from operations reported in discontinued operations. In addition, please note that:
- No adjustments have been made for Hungerstation (first fully consolidated in July 2016).
- Asia KPIs exclude our former operations in China, which were sold in May 2016.
- Revenues presented for Delivery Hero represent the total segment revenues.
This information also contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the current view, expectations and assumptions of the management of Delivery Hero AG ("Delivery Hero"). Such statements are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that are beyond Delivery Hero's control or accurate estimates, such as the future market environment and the economic, legal and regulatory framework, the conduct of other market participants, the successful integration of newly acquired companies and the realization of expected synergy effects, as well as measures by public authorities. If any of these or other uncertainties and imponderables materialize, or if the assumptions, on which these statements are based, prove to be incorrect, actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Delivery Hero does not warrant or assume any liability that the future development and future actual results will be consistent with the assumptions and estimates expressed in this report. Delivery Hero does not intend or assume any obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or developments after the date of this report, except as required by law.
This document is also published in German. In the event of discrepancies, the German version of the report shall take precedence over the English translation.
Delivery Hero is the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace with number one market positions in terms of restaurants, active users and orders in more countries than any of its competitors and online and mobile platforms across 40+ countries in Europe, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Delivery Hero also operates its own delivery service primarily in 60+ high-density urban areas around the world. The Company is headquartered in Berlin and has over 6,000 employees in addition to thousands of employed delivery drivers.
For more information, please visit www.deliveryhero.com.
WKN: A2E4K4; ISIN: DE000A2E4K43.
|Company:||Delivery Hero AG|
|Oranienburger Straße 70|
|Phone:||+49 (0)30 5444 59 000|
|Fax:||+49 (0)30 5444 59 024|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|